Swing & Blues Dancing
Special Event: The Ugly Sweater Blues!
at Art@Altitude in Old Colorado City
Join us for an evening of dancing, learning, mingling, and sipping beer & wine at a beautiful artistic space in Old Colorado City. No dance experience required, no dance partner required. This monthly class and social is a great place to make new friends, hang out with old friends, take your partner out for a date night, or just relax after a long week! Don't forget to wear your ugly xmas sweater for this special holiday themed dance party.
Saturday, December 9th, 7-9pm
*Don't forget to don your ugliest holiday sweater for this special event!
Art@Altitude in Old Colorado City
2708-B W. Colorado Ave. Colorado Springs, CO
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to find the beat (and dance on it)
- How to move in sync with a partner
- The basics required to dance to a variety of Swing & Blues music
- Lots of fun moves to highlight the music and have a blast dancing!
WHAT WE'LL PROVIDE:
- A relaxed learning environment so you can get the most out of your class.
- A community of awesome people who are also new to dancing. No intimidation!
- Intentional and well-planned lessons, focused on the students as individuals and as a group.
- Compassionate teaching. We are here for YOU.
Get your TICKETS now!
ABOUT THE DANCE STYLES:
East Coast Swing derived from Lindy Hop back in the 1940's and had a huge comeback in the 90s with social dance scenes sprouting up in many major cities around the world! Taking on many forms and meanings, East Coast Swing can encompass Jitterbug, Lindy Hop, Triple Swing, Single Swing, and many more Swing styles! Our focus in this class will mainly be on Single Swing (if you're curious).
Blues dancing (like all dance styles) is thanks to the music that inspired the moves! Blues music has it roots here in the USA and dates back to the very early 1900s. This genre of music inspires a relaxed posture, grounded movements, and dancing close to your partner. It is an expressive, fun, and exciting form of dance to learn as a beginner!
Can't make it this time? We'll miss you! But, you can join our newsletter for updates on future classes!